26.2.11

LV at Musée Carnavalet.

 
Louis Vuitton Picnic Set. Early 20th Century.

Louis Vuitton Camping Cot and Storage Trunk.

Today was an ideal Saturday afternoon. Croissants and coffee with good friends at Le Pain Quotidien, followed by the Louis Vuitton exhibit at Le Musée Carnavalet. I have to admit I sometimes dismiss Louis Vuitton as an overly-exposed and overly-purchased status symbol, but today's experience reminded me of the brand's historical significance and incredible craftsmanship. Museum staff was on guard against photographs at all times so I only managed a few stolen shots. I wish I could have captured more of the beautiful trunks and my favourite exhibit piece- a sketch of a Louis Vuitton camping tent from the early 1900's.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire