15.12.10

Les Arts Décoratifs.




Yesterday I visited Les Arts Décoratifs to see the exhibit: Les Années 1990-2000. Histoire Idéale de la Mode Contemporaine vol. II. While it was great, I have to say it was not as fabulous as I had hoped it would be. Maybe the nineties just sucked a bit. Of the pictures above, I definitely did not see anything as colourful or dramatic as the Dior, but instead saw a lot of neutral like the Margeila below. Also, I thought the exhibition was a bit unfocused- with a lot of pieces being from very recent collections, and not as many from the late nineties. Nonetheless, it was worth attending. Watching footage of nineties runway shows was entertaining -  I think Anna Wintour looks exactly the same now, but nobody else does. I also discovered a new-found appreciation for the designer Véronique Leroy. Anyone who can create an Irish fisherman knit bustier will impress me. Sorry no pics of that, I think security would have freaked. If only I could sketch like all the fashion students that were at the exhibit furiously scribbling in their moleskines.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire