14.3.10

Underwear as Outerwear?


I am loving how the spring collections have brought femininity back. Don't get me wrong, I fully support motorcyle chic and dominatrix heels, but I feel like this look has exhausted itself just a bit. Which is why I felt relieved seeing all the nudes, pastels, and faded denims in the spring/summer collections.

I also love that grey has replaced black, that even Armani made his skirts shorter than ever before, and that studs and exposed zippers are losing ground to satin and lace. I think women look beautiful in soft neutrals, and fresh-faced make-up with hints of orange and peach feels refreshing after black polish and black liner have been staples for so long.

But one trend has appeared that I haven't decided yet whether to love or leave ...the whole lingerie on top of the outfit look that Marc Jacobs paraded recently. Fashion friends....What da ya think? Are you going to rush out to Agent Provocateur and pick up a bra to showcase at your next soiree?

I think personally I'll just stick to the short short skirts, its almost like going out in your underwear anyways. But maybe I'm just bitter because I know my cotton La Senza doesn't make the fashion cut.

Then again, if I could miraculously get my hands on one of Spanish designer Maya Hansen's corsets, try and stop me from wearing it as a shirt....

Disclaimer : not my pics!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire